Bamboo Flute Size
When deciding which size Bamboo Flute to purchase, keep the following in mind:
- All of our flutes are side blown flutes. They are played sideways like a concert flute.
- We Do Not recommend our side blown flutes for children 7 years old or under.
- The longer the flute, the deeper the tone but the more difficult the finger stretch. If you are a beginner you need to be concentrating on getting the clearest, strongest tone possible and not also be struggling to reach the finger holes.
- It is better to start with a smaller side blown flute and as you become comfortable playing it, move on to a longer and deeper toned flute.
- If you are a beginner at playing a side blown flute either the Key of 'A' or 'G' would be a good choice. The Key of 'G' is a little longer and deeper in tone than the Key of 'A' and is a popular Key for playing along with other instruments.
- If the Flute is for someone with smaller hands the Key of 'A' may be a more appropriate choice.
Approximate lengths of our Bamboo Flutes:
- Key of 'A' is 15 Inches (40cm)
- Key of 'G' is 17 Inches (43cm)
- Key of 'F' is 2o Inches (50cm)
- Key of 'E' is 21 Inches (53cm)
- Key of 'D' is 23 Inches (58cm)
If you have any questions please call us at 413-298-3759 (10AM-10PM EST).